Monday, September 27, 2010

SNL Highlights: Amy Poehler

Since I was out Saturday night, I was finally able to catch the premiere of Saturday Night Live with Amy Poehler, Katy Perry, and a bunch of big cameos.  It was a solid return and I hope they can keep up the momentum well into the season.

Below are a few of my favorite clips.

Opening Monologue:



Weekend Update with Will Smith:

"I'm a Jedi - fear my sperm!"


Actor II Actor

"We just want to dance again!"

Did you guys watch the season premiere? Did I leave out your favorite moment? Let me know in the comments!

2 comments:

  1. Total running time of SNL episode: 90 mins.

    Cumulative time of highlights in a season premiere (for which the writers had 3 months to prepare): 8 mins.

    I also might add Katy Perry's outfits to this list.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved the outfits and set up for Katy Perry's performance of California Gurls. The big cotton candy hair on the backup singers was hilarious.

    As for 3 months to prepare, that's not necessarily true since they want to be current and use topical humor like the Christine O'Donnell bit. But yeah, there were definitely some sketches that just should have stayed in the writers room.

    I didn't like that Q&A sketch the first time Fred Armisen did it, and don't understand why they would make it a recurring thing. None of my roommates laughed once during that one.

    ReplyDelete